Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCC Custom Reports - Instructions/How do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannibalik

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2003
GB
Hi Guys,

I am trying to write my own reports with crystal ver9.0 STD for CCC and I am having serious trouble understanding Avaya's way of thinking. I just can not get any data whatsoever! The info on the manual seems to be very vague and for sure there's a gap on those instructions somewhere. Does anyone know where there's a more in depth explanation for writing custom reports? The DO's and DON'Ts, etc.

Just a bit frustrated at the moment.

Thank you all in advance for your input.

Believe me, you're not alone!

I went through the processing of having to create custom reports for a customer late last year and also had no end of trouble understanding Avaya's thinking.

Their documentation is pathetic and their support is not far behind. Even now I still have a lot of questions.

I think the best - and probably only - way of really understanding how the reporting works is to setup a test environment and run as many test calls in system configuration as possible, and figure it out for yourself. I am serious about that - don't expect much help from Avaya.

Unfortunately I'm going on 3 weeks leave after tomorrow, however if I can get some notes together I'll try to send you some pointers before I go, specifically relating to the language Avaya uses.

I'm sorry to say but it will get worse before it gets better. The frustration is perfectly normal. Also sorry to say, there is no in-depth documentation apart from what you will find in the online knowledgebase.

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for your time and input on this. In a way your feedback made me feel a little bit better.

In our reality setting up a test environment would be very difficult but its another option to see how it all works - will have to figure that one out.

I am going to have to keep trying because we have now adopted the product and there's no going back. At the moment the main issue is to get headline figures of what the sales team is doing (incoming, lost & waiting average) but it only gives a figure by GROUP rather than the entire sales team.

I would still appreciate on your return your notes the more info I have on this the better, specially from those who has been there before.

Whatever you are doing have a good break.

Cheers,
Hannibalik

Jason also can you send them to me too because I have the same problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back