Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCC 1.4 Delta Server "Comms Failure"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jps3700

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2001
US
Hello:

I am hoping that by posting this someone else has had this problem.

We installed an IP 412 a little over a year ago with CCC, late last year we upgraded to CCC 1.4, the CCC System ran perfectly for 2 days, and then the CCC delta server started reporting a “Comms Failure”. If I roll back to the prior version 1.3 the system runs perfectly. I opened a ticket with Avaya and they were unable to determine the problem. Avaya stated that perhaps my issue would be resolved with the 2.0 firmware that was due out shortly around the time I opened the ticket. As of today, I have not yet updated the firmware on this system.

However this week we are in the process of installing a new 403 at another location. The box has 2.0 firmware, and I loaded 1.4 CCC. The system is experiencing the exact same issue, which really has me boggled.

In the Delta server log, all you see is:

Do Clear Search Request
Successful TCP/IP Connection
Completed get config
Time out of 0:00:22 on “Systemname”

It then repeats this over and over again.

Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. At this point if we cannot resolve, we are going to install CCC 1.3 but, we really want the enhanced features that 1.4 provides.

Thanks.

What version of 1.4 deltaserver?
you should be using 1.4(22) - earlier versions, especialy 1.4(16) were very buggy!

Is the IPO on the same subnet as the CCC Server. ??

ipo.gif

Hello:

Thank you both for your responses:

Avaya did provide us the 1.4(22) delta server, and it did not resolve the issue. The engineer did say that they had this problem with the delta server that is installed with the CCC CD.

The IPO is on the same subnet, and is actualy directly connected to the IPO.

I was able to get on the phone again with Avaya and spent the better part of 4 hours on the phone, and so far they have not had any luck figuring it out. We will resume again on Monday.

I will update this thread as to what Avaya tells me.

John

I would suggest to find out where the fault lies that you do both of the following, i know it sucks but at least you will find where the fault resides.

1, Install CCC onto another new machine with Delta Server 1.4(24, 1.4(24) is availbale on the 2.0(18) Admin CD. Downloadable from AVAYA.com. Check the connection.

If this does still not want to talk

2, Default your IPO setup a couple of Force login agents and test again.

Something else to check, when you upgraded to Version 1.4(16) CCC did you install any service packs on the server??
Is there any software firewall installed on the server ??

ipo.gif

We seem to have a similar problems at a customer site. The Deltaserver also needs to be reset to regain the connection.
We checked the memory-use of the Deltaserver's task in Windows. This seems to increase until eventually the connection is lost... Could this be a memory-leak problem in the software? After rebooting the application the memory-use is back to a normal amount and everything is up and running again...

With Build 16 delta server there was a memory leak, and needs to be upgraded to 22, or 24.

ipo.gif

I can confirm, we had a 'memory leak' type problem with 16. Same as you TSGG, Deltaserver memory use just increasing until the machine hung. It was resolved when we installed 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back