Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCA 220 test

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyaid

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2001
US
I was just wondering if anyone has taken and passed the Citrix XP 220 test. I'm scheduled to take it on Friday the 1st and wanted some last minute pointers. Thanks.

Oops! It's Friday 1st - good luck!

There's a good guide at and a practice test at
If you've done the old CCA and know the new features, then the exam is a walk in the park.

You'll probably get several questions on the Data Collector, the Data Store and the local Host Caches - since these are central to the way XP works. You'll also get a couple of compare XP to 1.8 q's.

Apart from that, it's pretty straightforward. One or two scenarios, etc.

My tip is do the easy ones and guess and mark the harder ones. Then keep reviewing the marked ones until you either run out of time, or are confident about the answers you have given.

I find that sometimes later questions give you clues about earlier ones that seemed hard.

GOOD LUCK!!! CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Well, I didn't do that well, I ended up getting 65%, and you need 72% to pass, so one or two more questions correct, and I would have been ok. I went through the 300 practice questions that I got from and did relatively well on those. But, during the actual test, I got a lot of printing questions that I wasn't ready for. Well, I'm going to study a lot more this week and try again next week. Or, I may just wait until the voucher comes in from Citrix so my company doesn't have to pay for the test again.

Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you're jumping back in.

Maybe I should say "Break a leg" for the next one!

There's a good printing presentation on Citrix's website. I put the URL in my FAQ on Citrix printing.

I hope it helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Hi,

Completely new to I.T. and i am studying for exam 220, it's my first exam and i seem to be getting bogged down with it any tips

If you're completely new to I.T., then maybe a Citrix exam is not the best place to start - surely you have some knowledge and experience of Windows NT /Terminal Server?

If not, it might be better to build a base of knowledge - try the A+, Network + and Windows 2000 Server exams as a minimum.

The very best combination for this exam is a mixture of reading the admin guides carefully - at least twice, and a good 6 months - 1 year hands-on experience in a live Citrix farm.

I do know people who have just memorized cramsessions, but between you and me, I'd never employ them to look after a Citrix server farm.

If this is all you need to do, then check out the links posted above.

I hope this is helpful CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

I have been working with 1.8 for about 3 years. We have just in the past 3 months upgraded to XPa (2 Servers) I am currently preparing to take the CCA exam but i am kinda torn on which one to take, the XP or the 1.8. I am reading the cramsession 1.8 book, and to be quite honest it seems to be a lot of review, but there are confusing parts like where it states "this has changed, but for the exam remember...".

I think that i am leaning toward the XP exam, just because i have the 1.8 basics and i already built the farm several times (due to MSIinstaller errors that i was attempting to eliminate) but I have not found a study guide for the XP.

any suggestions from someone who has been there?

Have any set of question to help me pas an XP 220 exam. Thanks
kowalem@poczta.onet.pl

Why oh Why aren't there any examcram books for XP, it's very frustrating!!

I passes with a 720. Right on the wire. I used 1.8 for a year and XP for 6 months. I took the 220 Class, studied the book. I also had the Syngres book w/test exams. Also studied the Advanced Concepts and XP white papers. I just saw some stuff on there that wasn't covered anywhere. I though I was going to ace it. If you see study guides giving you the same info, look somewhere else or just stick to the Citrix White Papers.

Hello

studyaid i need to talk to you!!! ive just doe the CCA exam and guess what i got 65% also!!!! how very strange.

Cheers
Baker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back