Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CC7 Report Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ell11

MIS
Jan 18, 2011
GB
Hi

I have created some report groups in access & partition management, but I'm not sure how to lock these down to certain people. I can see that you able to create the group on a certain server, but I can't see an option which relates to who can access the group.

I basically want certain teams to be able to save there reports so that they can be viewed by other members of the team. At present they can make the report public, but I don't want every user to be able to see these reports.

Thanks

Hi,
There's an option for you to assign certain people to report groups. It's also in Access and Partition Management > user Defined Partitions. There're many tabs Agents, Skillsets, Report Groups... for you to assign.
After that you assign that people to that partition, finished.

Oh yes, simple when you know where to look!!

Thank you

Sorry one more question....

If somebody is a member of one particular reporting group and they want to make a private report available in the public reports; would this then be viewable by everybody, or only members in the same group?

Thank you

You would have the option to make that a group report vs. a private report. The ability to make it a public report should be restricted. Check Access Class permissions for adjustments. Also you will need to create a report group for each partition and assign it to that partition; it's an empty folder to which group reports are saved by members of that partition/group.

Remember that a normal user cannot delete a Public Report - only webadmin. Thats a good argument for restricting ability to make public reports, as sandyml writes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back