Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cc6 Scripting and Priority Level Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

skk391

Technical User
Mar 3, 2009
GB
Hi guys, I have a couple of questions regarding script on CC6.

I would like to set priority to the calls handled by the cc6. I would like calls coming into one skillset to be answered first before a less important skillset and have written the following scripts to test

IMPORTANT SKILLSET = testscript1
OTHER SKILLSET = testscript2

*********SAMPLE SCRIPT*************

IF NOT OUT OF SERICE testscript1 THEN
QUEUE TO SKILLSET testscript1 WITH PRIORITY 1
WAIT 2

IF NOT OUT OF SERICE testscript2 THEN
QUEUE TO SKILLSET testscript2 WITH PRIORITY 2
WAIT 2

From looking at this script if calls where queuing on skillset testscript2 and a call came in for testscript1 and an agent became avaiable would the agent get the call from testscript1 ( ie the more important skillset )

Can anyone please tell me why setting the priority level in the script is different from setting the priority level with the agent properties in Contact Centre Management?

I would be grateful for any input on this....

Thanks

Skillset priorities are tie-breakers for callers. You and I call into the system at the same time but are assigned two different skillsets. There is only one agent in the call center who has BOTH skillsets assigned to them. The skillset priority defines which of the two of us will be answered first.

Agent priorities are tie-breakers for agents. You and I are both agents in the call center with the same skillset. You are a priority 1 and I am a priority 2. Assuming we are both sitting idle waiting on a call...when a call comes into the system it will be presented to you.

Thanks for the reply,

Understand it little better now, do you know is there any way to make a call to a skillset 'jump the queue' over other calls that may be queuing againist a less important skillset and get answered first?

Thanks mte0910

Hi skk391,

The sample script that you had in the original post would accomplish this. Depending on how many skillsets you have to keep track of, skillset priorites can be a b#$ch to manage. If you have one skillset that will always be given priority you could queue that one as priority 1 and not queue the others with a priority...

IF NOT OUT OF SERICE testscript1 THEN
QUEUE TO SKILLSET testscript1 WITH PRIORITY 1
WAIT 2

IF NOT OUT OF SERICE testscript2 THEN
QUEUE TO SKILLSET testscript2
WAIT 2

Thanks TelecomsGuyUT im going to give it a test tomorrow & see how it goes.

Thanks for everyones input on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back