Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CC License Manager service stuck in starting mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzakk

MIS
Oct 10, 2007
US
CC License Manager service is stuck in starting mode and will never start. If I set the service to manual and reboot I can start the service just fine if I manually start it. But as soon a I set it back to automatic and reboot it will never fully start on it's own. Does anyone have any ideas?????

CCMS SU_04
CCMS SUS_0401
CCMS SU0_402
LM SU_04
CCSMU SU_04

You're on newer levels than I am. I had a problem with license manager when I installed, but the upgrade from LM SU_02 to SU_03 solved that for me.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help you much.

Do you have CCMA installed on the same machine? If yes, you should have: CCMA_6.0_SU04
CCMA_6.0_SUS_0401
CCMA_6.0_SUS_0402
CCMA_6.0_PEP_040206 [this on is important].
You can also try to install LM_6.0_DP_0404.

I found the problem, NgenSys did not have rights to the service in the group policy. Thank you everyone

I am encoutering same problem;
Can you expalain what you mean by NgenSys did not have rights to the service in the group policy? how you resolved it?

The CC6 server is not part of a domain.
it is Workgroup.

I think he means that the LM service in services.msc wasn't set to log on as NGenSys correctly, due to the domains Group Policy.

I am not in a domain
however the LM log in service is set to local system account?
Do we need to change it to ngensys account??

sory for the late reply. The CC License Manager service does log on as Local System but somewhere in the backround Ngensys has something to do with that service starting. I did not have ngensys as an administrator in the group policy for this machine I also had to set it to log on as service. This server is on a domain.

I had this same issue when first going to SU04. This issue was resolved by installing LM_6.0_DP0406 and CCMS_6.0_DP_040227.

You can use a process killer to "stop" the service, and then restart it through the LM Admin tools menu. This is a work-around that kept us alive until the DP's were released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back