Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cause 28 "invalid number format" 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoz

Vendor
Jul 15, 2005
US
Hi there, I have an ip 406 V2 4.07 software with PRI connected to it. When a user calls a number that is been disconnected'or invalid they get a solid tone in there ear and it displays busy on there digital phones. In system status, the trace says cause 28 invalid number format. The customer would like to have a recording that says "your number is no longer in use or have been disconnected or invalid". Instead they get a tone in ear and a busy on display. IS that something the pri carrier needs to address or is it something In the ip office? When I talked with the carrier they said the ip office is not sending the number plan E.164 or the NI2 number type(not sending TRUE National plan or type). The Pri is set for NI2 in ip office. Note: It does give the right recording when they dial 1+ number but not if dialing just 7 digits. Thanks

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [machinegun] [flip]

Have you got/tried the NoUser source number NI_2_CALLED_TYPE=UNKNOWN ? Requires a reboot to add even though it suggests a merge:)

"No problem monkey socks

Thanks for the source number. I will give that a try this week sometime after hours for customer.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [machinegun] [flip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back