Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catalyst 6513 IOS features

Status
Not open for further replies.

npereira

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
CA
Hi all,

For Inter-Vlan Routing features on this switch, what is the feature set required? As the 12.2(18)SXF does not have IP Routing...?!?

All IOS releases for the Catalyst 6500 support IP Routing, there isn't an option to NOT have IP Routing......... Not all IOS releases support all IP routing protocols. Actually with the 6500 I think even the IP Base image supports all routing protocols (as opposed to the 3560/3750 which only support static & RIP in the IP Base image).

By default IP routing is enabled in IOS so you don't see the global command 'ip routing', however rest assured it is configured.

HTH

Andy

then how do I setup routing between vlans?
I can't seem to assign IP's on the vlans, it wont let me.

Is this system runnign in Hybrid mode?

InterfACE VLAN 2
ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <mask>

Interface g1/0/1
switchport access vlan 2

Now that the Vlan's all have IP address, How do I route between them? My SW1 does not want to take the IP ROUTING command, yet SW2 will. Both are running identical Hardware and Software.

Someone somehow diaabled IP ROUTING on the SW1 and I cant find anywhere in the docs how to start it back up again....?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back