Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catalog wont start ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynic

Technical User
Aug 10, 2000
NO
Hi<br><br>I have just installed a new NT server (servicepack4) with<br>Backup Exec v7.2 for NT. Im going to use this computer to test and verify that different Backupexec Travan4 backups are OK!<br><br>So,<br>When selecting RUN NOW in the CATALOG windows (and selecting the Seagate Travan4 drive) , it just shows as SCHEDULED in the JOB MONITOR tab, it doesnt start.<br>Even if I try to schedule it,it doesnt start.<br><br>If you can help me, please let me know.

I am having the same problem. My scheduled backup jobs are also stuck in the same spot. I am not receiving any errors. I had an alert that said that my allocated media would be overwritten and I responded w/ an ok to clear this alert, but I am still having no luck..Is there a way to re-allocate the media possibly?

HI all,
I am trying to run a catalog job to restore this backup info from the year 2002. WHen I run the catalog job, it ask for another media. WHy is that? is there is any documentation on how to go about this? or is this the right job to do so?

Ok, appreciate your help on this.

Love always,
Kevin Z
Techncial Support specailist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back