Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catalog Plug-ins For InDesign

Status
Not open for further replies.

blingtastic

Technical User
Oct 26, 2004
US
I am working on a 156-page catalog of about 10,000 products with pricing and descriptions being drawn from a database. I've been producing this catalog for years in Quark using the autoprice extension, but am hoping to switch to InDesign before my next catalog deadline.

Does anyone know about plug-ins that will allow me to price my catalog efficiently in InDesign? So far I've seen InCatalog, ExPublisha, and SmartCatalog mentioned online... will they all pull prices from a database? Which one works best?

Thanks,
j

I was looking at plug-ins today and saw something that might help called "EasyCatalogCS". Found it here:

"65bit Software

EasyCatalogCS

EasyCatalogCS has been designed to aid the production of catalogs, brochures, price lists, and most other types of data or design driven publications. You’ve got a file, or database, and need to publish it’s content using Adobe® InDesign® CS. How do you do it? What happens if the details in the file or database change at the last minute? What if you’re using complex page designs for each record in the file or database? EasyCatalog has the answer."

Here's a link to their website:

And here's a link to an overview of the catalog software:

Hope that helps!

Actually, Meadows Publishing Solutions has just released a version of AutoPrice for InDesign. That might take care of the problem

I use Indata from EmSoftware.com for cataloging from a tab delimited file. They also have InCatalog plugin

Denice :)
Mac OSX, Running Classic for Quark 4.1. System G4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back