Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catalog backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearTax

Technical User
May 31, 2004
IE
Hi

Using Veritas 4.5 on Solaris 8

I have the catalog files being backed up to tape after every successful backup...this works fine.

I would also like to make a copy of the directories

Paths backed up:
----------------
/usr/openv/netbackup/db
/usr/openv/volmgr/database
/usr/openv/var

then tar and scp them to a different box.

The problem is that I cant find where I would put an entry to call the script to do this..

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance

Thanks Stumpr...I feel I may not have given the correct details for what Im trying to achieve.

A backup to tape of the catalog files runs automatically after a successful backup.

I want to call a further srcipt from this so that after the catalog is backed up to tape it calls this script.

the script then tars and scps the catalog directories off the box.

Regards

Beartax

In your script you have to have option to check for "bpkar" process on the master and once it sense it to wait untill is done and then run your tar and scp

What i do is have a script that runs a few times a morning. It checks there are no running backups and/or running catalog backups. If all quiet the scripts opens an NFS mount to another box and runs a standard catalog backup to that box, closes the NFS mount. This script works really well, and as we sometimes have backups that overrun, this caters for that. All that's left is for us to manually tar the catalog data collected above to a standalone drive. This is sent offsite once a week. I havn't automated the tar to tape as something might go splat and at least you have a previous good catalog backup on the standalone drive prior to you manually running the tar to said tape..

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back