Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cat6 keystones don't fit standard faceplates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourISguy

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2005
US
Help! We took over a partially complete cabling job and discovered that the CAT6 keystones are non standard. They have the clips similar to Leviton/Hubble, but the keystone doesn't fit in the normal faceplate opening.

The size of these keystones are 3/4 by 5/8 inch. The only marking on them is c6 on the front, and 7-372 F on the back. We don't know the manufacturer.

We've traveled to Graybar and 4 other supply houses and no one has heard or see of these jacks before.

Did I mention there was 300 of them? UGGG

Thanks in advance!
-mike

Keystones suck.

Unless you get all parts from the same manufacturer they don't fit well. Can't count the jobs I've seen where ill fitting jacks were pushed through plates...

Molex.. Freaking Molex... :)

I had one of my guys go back there looking for empty bags. Luckily the previous cabler wrapped the ends in the bags they came in.

thanks for the input.

LOL I found out the hard way that not all keystones are created equal.
Just the same as not all Ivory or Gray is the same. I love to avoing AMP like the plague, and since I'm a Leviton house, I pretty much know what colors and keystones fit the housings.

LkEErie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back