Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cat5E or cat5e

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefred

Technical User
Sep 2, 2002
US
I did not know but was told there is a difference between cat5E and cat5e. The explanation sounded qualified but I am not sure it was true. It had to do with "E" being rated up to 350Mhz where as the "e" was less than. Can anyone point me to a reference

66 BABY ! Big E, little e what are u going to do. Whats next?

You guys in the States should try BIX from Nordx (spin off of Nortel)... you'll never go back to 66 or 110 again. More compact, prettier and the wires NEVER EVER come off or get loose.

Marv
TeleMarv Services

You said it Telemarv,

And the BIX doesn't weaken its connections from changes like the 110 does.

We won't get into how stupid those 110 connectors are & if you have to remove one.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Whats so difficult about removing a 110 clip?
Simply take hold of the tip of it, bend slightly downward and rotate off the block. It CAN be done without tools, although a pair of linemans makes it a breeze.

Richard S. Anderson, RCDD

Alright, so what is FastCat5e (such as that mentioned on Belkin's website) ???

Maybe its put up on a very low friction spool so you can get it pulled faster.
OR
It might have to do with the speed of the machine that is making it.....

I thought I heard about an experimental process in which the electrons are excited by the data stream bits to get the current to move faster.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back