Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cat masters - smart view tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMEIF

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
GB
I am having problems with my smartview tracker logging. From user local definition on smart Dashboard under gateway, I am not receiving any tracking logs. Can anybody please advise.

From Putty making change to firewall logging using port 22 SSH, I am configuring my new firewall to log in Smart Center.
From using Cat master
#mount -uw /
#cd /$FWDIR/conf
#ls
#cat masters
#vi masters
here i enter the name of my Management station by IP address or name.
save ;x
#mount -ur /

the logs do not appear in smartview tracker.

MAny Thanks

do you have the management serve enabled under the fw object properties, logs and masters, in the smart dashboard?

Stu

yes. we have enabled as a user local definition.
The funny thing is last night working from home, I was able to see all logs for this fw,

At work I am unable to see the logs.
The changes I have made today are I have added a new node for this fw with internal Management IP addresswhich is is same rule as original fw node which is nat'd with a static IP address.

Any ideas? All other firewalls are logging except for this fw.

Have you checked if the logs are getting spooled in modules local log directory. If so then you would need to do a cpstop and cpstart for the logs to be again sent to the log Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back