Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cat 8 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1cane

Vendor
Mar 5, 2003
US
Has anyone heard of this ?

Thanks

Wasn't that an old movie with Rober Downy Jr. in it?

Justin T. Clausen
Physical Layer Implementation
California State University, Monterey Bay

Yeah, it's a twisted pair type cable with 10MM PVC jacket, twelve guage conductors, and it's certified to make you look like a complete idiot if you believed any of what I just said :)

Avaya, how far back are you supposed to strip that 10mm PVC? and I thought it was an 3/0 cable?

Justin T. Clausen

You need to strip it exactly 14.36mm
and punch it down with a 3.7lb hammer

Now I am not sure, but i bet you could punch it down with a 66 blade....

P-)

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

...66 blade and a 3.7lb hammer?

Justin T. Clausen

Connected to that 3.7lb hammer for that "just right connection".

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

No no no, you have it all wrong.

This is of course by design, and IDC connector...

SO. One uses a KLEIN LINEMAN hammer, rated at 32OZ of course... and places his snips right over the conductor, and then beats the living daylights out of it until the large aligator like teeth bite into it.

If you don't happen to have those tools...

One of those hydraulic log splitters will suffice.

For best results, buy the ACME connectors with premade tails! Then use an acytelene torch to bond the two together for that extra special OC-12 over COPPER connection!

Dude! What are you talking about we got a OC128 running on copper!

Ok, just kidding, it's on singlemode.

Justin T. Clausen

I just knew you were about to say on Cat 8.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

What you should be doing is buying that new extra special .565 CATV hardline self defense kit!

Using a jackson bender, you can make yourself a variety of weapons for any situation within seconds!

The ultra rigid 8 guage center conductor can be cored for use as an eating utinsel as well!

SO MANY USES

ACT NOW...

And we'll include 1000 PREUSED panduit zip ties, with the heads cut off! Perfect for your next halloween costume!

CAT8: TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR REQUIRED FOR DEREPRESSION OF GLUCONEOGENIC ENZYMES, HAS A ZN[2]-CYS[6] FUNGAL-TYPE BINUCLEAR CLUSTER DOMAIN IN THE N-TERMINAL REGION

Regards
Peter Buitenhek
Profit Developer.com

CAT 8?

No I only have ONE CAT.....

SSSHHHHH Dont tell my bosses, I'll be ordering the stuff just because they think it might be faster than our current CAT-5......

Randy

PS : Its good to laugh. Even better to laugh at someone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back