Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cash Drawer / Windows Printer / Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

joenoreason

Technical User
Nov 20, 2008
US
Setting a tm88v in aloha as a windows printer works great but I can't figure out how to get the cash drawer connected to the printer to fire. Works fine if I set it up as an OPOS printer though...

What I'm trying to get is a quick print with a logo and I can't seem to get it. Windows printer is printing faster than OPOS for me and setting the printer up as "TM-80" in aloha doesn't work at all.

Hi Joe

Can you explain your environment a bit. From what I understand you have an Epson Tm88 V. Is it an serial, usb or network interface?
You have set it as an opos printer on your FOH computer. Did you use the Epson Opos program to set this up.

The usual setup for receipt printers would be locally installed on a serial connection. Com1-Com? depending on the computer and number of free ports. If you have uploaded the logo into the printer using Epson logo program than all you would do would be to put the number 1 in the logo section of Aloha for that printer. Any check that prints would then have the logo. Credit card receipts will not have the logo. Blame aloha for that mistake.

AlohaRoss

Aloha TS 6.7 Two terminals

Both printers have Serial interfaces

Terminal 1 is running Windows 7 and is set up using the serial interface and is configured to ues OPOS in Aloha (epson opos software to set it up) and prints in spurts, an inch or so at a time with a delay in between.

Terminal 2 is running Windows XP and is set up as a windows printer in Aloha and is using the TM88V built in USB port. This printer prints blazing fast at the full speed the printer is capable of printing at with no sputter or delays at all.

I've tried now (and in the past) to configure TM88 printers as "TM-80" in Aloha and could never get them to print right. Just prints random junk constantly. I think I eventually got one printer working right but I still had the sputtering printing problem.

Ideally I'd like to use them the way you (and Radiant/NCR) suggests, but I could never get it to work right hence the windows printer / OPOS setup

If you want to email me from the website below we can take this off line. I can better help you that way. Include your phone number in the email. I think you have a dip switch issue on the printers

AlohaRoss

I set the DIP switches to where I can now print directly with aloha (Using serial and the TM-80 Setting) but the printer still prints in spurts and wont print the logo even with Logo 1 or 2 configured.

Also, I've watched a few printers at other restaurants that use aloha and their printers also print in spurts... Can anyone confirm that you can in fact print at full speed using windows 7 and serial printing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back