Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cash distribution amount is incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
We have an invoice that is giving me the error:

"This Cash distribution amount is incorrect and will not be posted. Do you want to save with errors?"

I have tried hitting Default on the distributions screen, but that doesn't work. I've tried reconciling the sales documents, that didn't work either (watch it's CheckLinks I need to run).

Is there anything else I can do to resolve this error?

I have run CheckLinks as well as the Reconcile and still I cannot get this particular invoice to post!

What can I do?

You could try deleting the distribution, saving the invoice. Then open the invoice again and go to distribution and allow the system to re-create the default distribution.

Okay,

I deleted the distributions, saved that, and then saved the invoice. Went back into the invoice, distributions - clicked default, the system populated some values, and still says the distributions are incorrect.

Ok,

So I've got to get this Invoice fixed so it can get posted.

Since GP wasn't cooperating I figured delete/void the invoice and recreate it.

The Delete button is disabled on it, so we try the VOID button.

We get the message: You cannot void a document that contains posted deposits.

Now I'm really at a loss at how to fix it.

There could be two reason, check gst if any or commission calculation window. check the calculation there and try to fix them

swabunn

First - what is gst, and how do I check it?

Second - how do I get at the commission calculation window (I'm not seeing a button or expander on the Transaction Entry window)?

Looking at a salesperson, GP does do commission calculations (values in the commission fields at the bottom of Salesperson Maintenance), but we do not use them - we have a separate custom commission program that calculates commission for us.

Borvik,

The message that you are getting '... cannot void document that contains posted deposit' suggest that something relating to the invoice has already posted through and that is why you can't change, delete or void the invoice.

You need to remove the deposit/payment that is associated with the invoice:
1) Zero ou the deposit amount on the Transaction Entry Screen
2) The Sales Payment window will popup - remove the payment.

This will reverse the posting that was made for the deposit and should allow you to delete/void the deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back