Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Case of the disappearing tools - burn and dodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidterry

Programmer
Jan 25, 2008
US
In PhotoShop 7, I use both burn and dodge tools a lot. Recently, that tool option just disappeared from the tool menu. Burn and Dodge are no longer offered. As you can see from the attachment, those icons are no longer showing. Don't know why or how they disappeared, but I'd sure like them back.

I could do a complete reinstall, and they'd likely be there. However, with so many plug-ins in place, I'd prefer not to have to reinstall all of them as well.

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated.

Terry in Iowa

...looks like you have the sponge tool in place, seventh row from top, column two, next to the blur tool...

...are you saying you don't get the fly out tools from here for the dodge and burn tool (click and hold)?

Andrew

...the shortcut to switch between these tools is:

shift + O

...if you need to know...

Andrew

...another method and non-destructive, far more flexible is to add a layer above, fill with 50% grey, change the layer mode to overlay...

...use a black brush with low level opacity for burn...

...use a white brush with low level opacity for dodge...

...all on that grey layer, to revert fill with 50% grey...

Andrew

Thanks very much indeed. I thought I had tried everything...but sometimes the solution is right there, waiting for someone to point it out.

I appreciate your help.

Terry in Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back