Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Case issue with joins

Status
Not open for further replies.

caol69

Technical User
Jun 9, 2014
NZ
Hello

i was trying to join two tables with the link function but am having issues with the Case's for the fields im joining on.

one is Firstname.LASTNAME@company.com and the other table has firstname.lastname@company.com (all lower case)

is there a way to ignore case and focus on the content/values

i already tried to specify Upper {table1} = Upper {table2} in the formula workshop with no success

I am not sure why the upper did not work for you. Did you put each field in a formula by itself and see what kind of results you got (i.e,. Upper({emailfield}) )

hi Kray4660, I tried to do as you suggested but it came up with the error message "a Boolean is required here"

any suggestions

Are you putting the formula in the record selection part of the report? Just drop the formula in the body of the report (it is just for testing to see what the upper function is returning), not trying to filter yet.

Hi yes I was putting that formula in the record selection area.
I'm not to sure how to just drop the formula in the body as you said

I did create a formula field which was uppercase({emailid)} and put it in the body and this worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back