Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Case Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImpetusEra

Technical User
Aug 8, 2003
US
I need a specific fan to replace one in my network switch that is having some issues. It is your standard 60x60x25mm Delta fan. Model is AFB0612H. Now for the life of me I can't find one that is the same. It needs to be the 3-wire connector rated at 0.15A and list -R00, whatever that means. Every 60mm Delta I find is 7k rpm and needs a mini sub station to power the thing. Anyone know of a site that sells case fans NOT intended to cool an overclocked PC?

Those are it but missing one small factor, they are 2-wire, not the 3-wire needed. I guess the -R00 signifies the third wire, it's purpose is to report RPM.

Yep, thats the fan, but that one only has two wires, lacks the RPM wire which is needed for this application. The 3-wire models I can find are all up in the .25A current draw area, tad too high. By the looks of it the closest match spec wise I can find is this one:

When I have had this problem in the past I have found that the rpm connection is there, it just needs the extra wire adding.
Just peel back the sticker and you will see the printed circuit board has the rpm point to solder to.
I'm betting you could buy the two wire version and add your yellow sensor wire and connector.
Martin

Start by questioning and soon you will be anwering.
So please take but remember to return and give when you can.

Those startech ones may work also, too bad they don't list current draw though. The circuit board isn't directly behind the label since I have partially disassembled one. I'll have to take a look at it again and see what is required to get to the circuit board. I just find it odd that none can be found with the 3-wire from factory such as the OEM ones.

It looks like startech part FAN6X2TX3 is close to what you want. A call to the manufacurer might confirm the current draw on the fan. I usually buy my fans from they have pretty good pricing.

I was able to find the Thermaltakes for $4.99 a piece. They spec 1.8 watts so 1.8/12=0.15 amps. They come three wire too. I guess I'll have to take a look at the old ones and see what it would take to remove the harnesses and put them onto new fans plus cost of the fans themselves. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back