Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cascade update problems in Access database using JDBC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigDaftie

Programmer
Feb 28, 2003
GB
Hi there,
I'm trying to update a row of data in a table in an Access database from a Java Application. First it wouldn't work because I had related data in other tables. Changed relationships in database so that it will "cascade update related fields". It now allows me to update data that is not related to another table. When I go to update data that is related to another table, there is no error but no update happens. If I go to the database and do the update manually it works and changes all the data correctly in all the tables. Anyone got any ideas? I'm not even sure if is an sql, jdbc or access problem?
Thanks very much, appreciate any help.
BD

Sorry, fixed this problem. Was being really silly!! Trying to update table but looking for new changed id number in database rather than looking for old id number first then changing it. Oops, one of those days....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back