Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAS Extension issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerlow66

Technical User
May 17, 2003
ZA
Hi,

We has an MD110 BC11SP9 system & install with CAS TLU76/3 card to external 3rd party IVR system.

Currently ,we has tested it

1. Call via hunting group internally.

2. Calling the CAS extension internally.

It work perfestly fine.Unfortunately,when i call via ISDN2 ( TLU79 ) i can hear the ringback from exchange & when i do a susip i can see that call is CALTER to the CAS ext with status BUSY.But it just stop there without going into SPEECH stage,therefore the IVR is unable to answer the call under this situration.

Can someone tell me ,is the fault lie on MD or the IVR.Is there any way to isolate it.bcos calling internally is OK.

Remember that IVR should be set properly according to A number identification. If you are calling from outside or from public you are dialling a number in MD. This number is then transferred to the IVR for analysis, if right number is received then IVR will play the right message. You need to test this IVR together with the IVR Techs. Check if integration is working properly. Test this machine properly before you introduce actual traffic. //patcher

Patcher,

I don't understand.Bcos i use NUTRI to translate the incoming DDI number to a hunt group 198 as follow:

NUTRP;

ENTRY CNVTYP NUMTYP ROU PRE TRC
64654132 0 4 198 8

So my understanding is 63654132 is B-Number (Connected number, correct me, if i am wrong).Are u saying that the IVR (Dialogic card) has to set to recognize this B-number instead of the hunt group 198.

Thank in advance.

Hi we have same cases Ivr connected with tlu76/3 and we experienced many problems. We played around with the icat parameter of the cas extension and now no problem.Still since it works internally I would say that changing the type of number in the nutri might help.Also check that there is no rodni of this route to the ivr number.

My ICAT==&;All other is not working.Is THERE A WAY TO TEST MAX CAS PROGRAMMING IS WORKING WITHOUT CONNECTING TO IVR.

THANK IN ADVANCE.

Tigerlow66,

The problem will be that with ICAT=xxx6 the signalling pattern from the MD110 to the IVR is different for Internal and External calls. You may need to change the settings in the IVR so that it recognises both:-

0100 Internal Ring

0011 External Ring.

Otherwise as previously discussed play around with the ICAT settings to find the best match for your IVR.

Triple T

Triple T,

Thank but i had tried & only ICAT=0006 the IVR will work with calling internally to the hunt group.

Sorry,if you happen to know the setting on IVR using Dialogic card D300 E1 PCI with globalcall,you may share with me.I am STUCK now.

Tigerlow66,

Sorry I have had ne experience with that system.

However somewhere in the Dialogic Card Settings there you will be able to change the signalling pattern that the card will recognise.

The supplier / Manufacturer of the IVR should be able help you.

TripleT

If it works for internal calls try to change aspap:parnum 1
to 0 . That might help.

I've installed a Dialogic Board to support Genesys VTO Server and used the ICAT for IBM Direct Talk in a Dutch Application System BC9 and BC11.

Installed the Dialogic drivers without any (additional) prototcol.
Could test it with a program from the disk, named "Multitest" if I remember correctly.

Worked fine only had to change the params if the application:

Ring = 0x9d6
Ringing = 0x9d6
OnHook = 0xfb
OffHook = 0xfa

\\Jerommeke

My problem with the md110 in combination with the dialogic D300 card is that with CAS (ICAT0006) signalling is missing.
The dialogic card does not see incomming calls or is able to detect call pickups when making a call.
What parameters am I missing here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back