Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAS and CCS in E1 leased line

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyam111

Technical User
Jul 5, 2003
IN
What are the information carried by the CCS and CAS signalling time slots in an E1 signal? Also what happens to signalling when we use unframed link?

Shyam111,

E1 (2Mb) CAS/CCS? or T1 (1.544Mb) CAS/CCS?

For E1 CCS (like ISDN or QSIG) it uses 2 time slots (16 and 31) for signalling.

For E1 CAS I can not answer, but T1 CAS no time slots are used as the signalling is sent with each channel.

If you use clear channel (unframed link) you should be able to use E1 clear channel with E1 CAS/CCS with no problem.

I am not a real expert on this subject but thats what I understand.

Regards,

Benton Shafer

Hi ,

E1 CAS uses the TS16 for signaling info like the called party/calling party status, called party free/busy, nonallocated no. etc for every call that is in progress and each TS has 4 bits of the 8 bits @every 2msec.(125u x 16)

On the other hand, CCS TS16 is used to send data packets to the detsination and these packets contain all the above data and are infinitely more capable. It is faster, rugged and more secure with enormous scalability.

In an unframed mode, no use of TS16 is made for sending the sig info as the data is a big fat single pipe

Thanks A lot

From this i can infer that CAS is basically used for voice or what?

In case of ISDN PRI which signalling do we use?

CAS is used for voice in most cases.

and you would use CCS on a ISDN PRI.

By the way, what are you using the line for, voice or data?

Benton Shafer

Has anyone done implemented the TDM cross connect feature using a Cisco 3640 or similar to consolidate 2 pri lines (1 into a PBX and another into another 3640)?

From what I have read, it seem a PRI (CCS) cannot be used to digitally cross-connect this setup.

anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back