Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

carriage return for Inputbox function 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

max2000

Programmer
May 12, 2000
US
Hi!!<br><br>I just discovered this language a few time ago and I get in trouble with the InputBox function. I program the question, then the user has to typ text in the box....but how can we do when you need a carriage return to separate two sentences of the same answer?<br>For example, my answer is:<br><br>1.Validation<br>2.Implementation<br><br>Of course it works if i write:<br>1.Validation 2.Implementation<br><br>but I cant find how to add a carriage return in the answer typed by the user<br><br><br>&nbsp;Maybe it s not possible with that function...any idea about other function that could help me out?<br><br>Thanks<br><br><br>max

Switch <font color=red>MultiLine = True</font> in the InputBox <i><u>Properties Value</i></u>.<br><br>Don't forget to tell the user that they have to press the tab key to move over to the next button.<br><br>Let us know if this helps or not. <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>You Show me your code, I'll show you mine. :cool:

Inputbox is a built in VB function and not a texbox on a form. There are no properties for it just paramters.

There is no way to tell the function to accept multiple lines that I'm aware of but I'm sure it's possible if your willing wade pretty far into the win api but it would be much easier to just create your own form that mimics the inputbox functionality.

Soooo Sorry. I must have been half a sleep last year when I wrote this!

Thanks, misery347, for catching this one. You are absolutely right, it's an internal function with parameters only. max2000, if you're still around...the InputBox is designed to receive alphanumeric keystrokes until the return key is pressed or the user presses the OK button. In which case it returns whatever is in the text box.

max2000, thanks again.

--MiggyD &quot;The world shrinks more and more with every new user online.&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back