Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CardBus controller cannot be run in CardBus mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen2005

Programmer
Feb 13, 2005
IE
The device Texas instruments PCI-1510 CardBus Controller" has detected a CardBus card in its slot, but the firmware on this system is not configured to allow the CardBus controller to be run in CardBus mode. The operating system will currently accept only 16-bit (R2) pc-cards on this controller."

When I switched on my system yesterday, I got the above error. The wireless card is slotted into an external PCI slot - every time I take it out and slot it back in, the error appears. I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the card. I've Googled around and not found anything of much help.

I'm wondering if anyone else here might have come across the same problem before.

My system specs are:
Inspiron 1100
Windows XP Pro SP2

I am not familiar with external PCI slot devices so I may be off base, but it sounds to me like something changed in its configuration or driver and not anything that plugs into it.

The driver is the same one I've always used. I checked the bios as well and there's nothing in the to change under PCI device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back