Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capturing Prompted Input(s) in Report Title 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

donb410

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
US
All:

I have been trying to make a Dynamic Title in my report page using the prompt value(s) selected by the user. So far what I have tried continues to be just blank. If you could point me to where this is documented (in post or manual), or post how to do this, it would be most appreciated! This seems like something simple to do, yet I am having a lot of difficulty!

Thanks,
Don
(Perpetual Innovations, LLC)

which tool are you using ??

If you are using ReportNet.
ParamValue("MyPrompt") is doing the trick

By default it s ParamDisplayValue("MyPrompt"), simply remove the Display word in the middle.

Draoued:

Thank you! I am using ReportNet and what you told me works great - although it took me a minute to figure out how to tie it in to the report title! Thanks again for the information and the rapid response!

Thanks,
Don
(Perpetual Innovations, LLC)

Can you elaborate on how you incorporated this display parameter in your title? I've been struggling with the same issue - seems like it would be a fairly common need.

Never mind - I finally found that I could add the parameter in the Report Expression of my title text box.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back