Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capturing false vs. true statements in boolean formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

IKONOS

Technical User
May 2, 2001
US
Hello all... again.

You know, if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know half of what I know about Crystal... my thanks for your help!

I have come to you, yet again, with another situation I need help with.

The report I'm working on is designed to communicate the statistics of incoming emails to our company; how many emails, the time it takes for someone to respond to an email and so on.

In this particular segment of the report, I am trying to capture the number of emails that have been repsonded to within our 1-day service level. Now, to make things complicated (maybe), I've gotten as far as creating a {true/false} boolean formula that designates whether or not the email has been responded to within 24 hours of submission. What I need to be able to do now is "count" how many are "true" meaning they did meet the 24 hour standard or "false" meaning they didn't.

Is there any way to do this?

Mark

Hi,

Create a running total based on your boolean formula, and use the formula button option to update the count if the boolean formula is true.

Hth,
Geoff

Hey... Thanks Geoff.

Not to sound too stupid... I'm learning as we go here. But how would the formula look? And would it be in the reset area or the evaluate area?

It would go into the Evaluate area, and it would be simply your booean formula field all by itself. The Evaluate has to be a boolean. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Okay... well that's how I've got it set up now. But what I need is to be able to "count" only the "true" statements...

If I have rec'd 30 emails; 25 have been responded to and of those 25, 10 were responded to within the 24 hour service level. My formula now shows a count of 25 (whether it's true or false, it counts all the emails that have a response,)

I need something to count only the "true" results... the emails responded to within the 24 hour service level.

Is that a bit much?

Somthing is wrong, because it should only be counting the 10. Put your boolean formula field and the running total BOTH on the detail band and then preview.

Is the boolean only true on the records that you want to count?
Does the running total field increment when the boolean is false? Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back