Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capturing CDR to file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumpus

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2001
US
Hello all,

I've been in this current position for over a year now and I have inherited a huge mess with scatterd and useless documentation. We have an option 61c with release 23.55.

I need to get the CDR info to our procom machine in the switch room so I can save the CDR to file. Currently we are using a Xyplex terminal server for remote telenet sessions to the switch and Octel voice mail, witch plugs in to Comm port 1. There is one more Comm port open, but I'm not sure if I need a nul modem adapter or what, plus I not sure how to configre the Procom software to be able to run both sesions of procom (PBX and CDR).

The CDR TTY out of the switch has been located and tested. The com port is a DB-15 and the TTY out of the switch is a DB-25.

Thanks,

Gumpus

Gumpus,
You will definitely requre a null modem for your comms port.
I can't immediately answer your PCP question but perhaps you can assist me.
With your XYplex Term. Svr. what settings do you have in LD 17 (print in LD 22) for the ADAN TTY port?
We had a Xyplex but gave it the flick. We now use a Cisco AS2511 box.
I am having a terrible time trying to work my TTY 2 port into the Terminal Server. Sometimes I get it working but it doesn't continue the next day.
Any help appreciated.

Descherry,

I actualy got the CDR TTY up by just plugin it in to com port 2 on the PC and opened an other procom sesion. Procom defaulted to com port 2 since there already was a session going through com 1. As far as Procom setings I changed the baud rate to 9600 vs. 19200 for the Xplex.

Here are the settings for our TTY 1 that plugs in to the Xyplex.

ADAN TTY 1
CTYP XSDI
DNUM 1
DES SWITCHROOM
FLOW NO
USER MTC CTY CSC
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR NO

Just a thought... Could your DROL be wiping out your TTY settings? Is LD 43 in the DROL?

Good luck,

Gumpus

Gumpus.
There are still alarm messages. My USER has only SCH.
I checked my OVLY in LD 17 (22). There is only DROL 030 034 038 044 135.
Does the Meridian always need a screen to print alarm msgs?
If so: if there is only one terminal logged in, then they being the only terminal will get the alarm msgs?
Thanks...des

Descherry,

You should add LD 43 to your DROL as a good mesure. Here are the LD's in my DROL.

REQ prt
TYPE ovly

OVLY
SID 14
BKGD 044
PBXH X
TODR 00
DROL 034 036 037 038 043 044 060 061 135 137
MULTI_USER ON

As far as the alarm messages requiring a TTY to output to, that doesn't sound right. TTY's with USER MTC will print out AUD, BUG and ERR messages if enabled by prompt ERRM in PARM (LD 22).

Gumpus

I am using Optivity and trying to setup Telecom Billing, I need the CDR data to be retreived into the system for costing. I would like info on setting this up. I am using the Data Base and Buffering program to retreive the data. Lynch
Williams Cos.
Voice Operations

I'm not familiar with Optivity, but here is a good link on CDR set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back