Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture Workbook_Close Event for Any Open Workbook 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjv1611

Jul 9, 2003
US
Is it possible to capture the Workbook_Close event for any open workbook, or does the code have to be explicitly written on a per workbook basis?

For instance, I'd like to run some code after this manner, from the Personal.xls/personal.xlsb file:
Code:
Sub AnyWorkbookClose()
  'Run some checks on the closing workbook
End Sub

Is that possible at all? Or if I'm not clarifying the question enough, let me know.

Thanks.

Well... maybe I don't need to go that route.... I'm basically thinking about a redo of "AutoSave". One that would save files off of Temporary folders, such as if opened from email, things like that.

So, what I could do instead, I suppose, is run this every 5 minutes, for instance, and ONLY look at those files that have been changed.... so with that in mind..

Is there a way to check on each open workbook, and see whether or not it has any changes? If no changes, no need saving...

Thanks for any suggestions, references, etc.

Look at the workbook.saved property. I think it gives you what you want.

Tony

Thanks. that part is now working great.

Don't know if you still need it, but you can trap application wide events. There's a good desciption in the Excel VBA Help:

You'd need to create a classmodule ("EventClassModule") and add:

Code:
Public WithEvents App As Application

And then add the following code to any regular module and for instance call InitializeApp in the workbook_open event of your personal.xls:

Code:
Dim X As New EventClassModule

Sub InitializeApp()
    Set X.App = Application
End Sub

Cheers,

Rofeu

Thanks, I'll look at that as well, Rofeu. Sounds very interesting indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back