Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture PMS log realtime 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phuong Tran

Systems Engineer
May 10, 2018
VN
Hi all,

We have a PMS link between CM 6.0.1 and Duvoice PMS, i need capture all transaction log that PBX sent & receive from Duvoice PMS. I have setup PMS log Endpoint in system-parameters hospitality point to a PC, port 51001. On that PC, i use putty to telnet/ssh to PBX port 51001 but nothing pull out. I used command: status journal-link pms-log to check, the link state is up but nothing pull out. Have anyone setup link to print PMS log successful? Kindly advise me.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=5cffa428-0656-47a4-b652-dfef71e70f2a&file=Setup_PMS_LOG_printer.docx
When you setup your PMS endpoint at PMS IP:51001, I'd think the PBX is pitching a UDP data stream to that IP on port 51001. I wouldn't think that you can setup a telnet TO the PBX on 51001 to prove anything.

At the very simplest, if your duvoice is running on a windows server, just run wireshark with a filter like tcp.port == 51001 or udp.port == 51001 and you'll quickly see if anything is getting there.

If your CM is on system platform, from dom0 as root, you can "tshark -i avpublic port 51001" to see packets out of the server on that port or add a "-w /tmp/mypmstest.pcap" to write it to a file to grab with winscp later (don't forget to chmod 666 /tmp/mypmstest.pcap first)

Hi kyle555,

I have setup Wireshark on PMS log PC(IP address 10.40.1.36), i saw PBX(IP: 10.23.1.26)sent packet to PMS log PC. I used Netcat to access to PBX port 51001 to make the journal-link pms-log up but still nothing pullout to Netcat. Please see the attached file what I have setup and advise me.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f37500f6-993a-4dfd-9738-892d439ea55e&file=PMS-LOG_empty.docx
Code:
change mst                                                      Page   1 of  16
                                MESSAGE SEQUENCE TRACE

Run Time Limit: 99 days      Disable On Buffer Full? n  Generic Filters? n
    Store Timestamp? y                     Start Trigger? n          [COLOR=#CC0000]Log Mst? y
[/color]    Message Storage: entire                 Stop Trigger? n   [COLOR=#CC0000]Trace Analyzer? y[/color]
                                              Stop Count:
                                               Retrigger? n

X.25? n       GATEWAY? n          EWT? n  DEBUG BUTTON? n  HW ERROR LOG? n
 ISDN-PRI? n          CCMS? n   SIP Trunks? n         PRECs? n   PROC ERRORS? n
 ISDN-BRI? n        PACKET? n   CALL TRACE? n           BSR? n            IP? n
     ASAI? n       VECTORS? n          CDR? n DENIAL EVENTS? n          BASM? n
      CMS? n VECTOR EVENTS? n          [COLOR=#CC0000]PMS? y[/color]  FW ERROR LOG? n
     IP Stations/LSPs/ESSs? n

X.25 Filter Data
             Processor Channel: 1                    Link Control: all
              Application Data: none               Session Timers? y
                 Confirmations? n              Application Errors? y
               Session Control: all         Unrecognized Messages? y
     Processor Channel Control: all

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

44 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 34 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Command: enable mst
Command: status mst
Command: list mst continuous auto

Use web browser maintenance pages to look at MST logs for window in time

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

Hello,

I have followed your instruction, attached file is mst log(from 17:00 to 17:26, May 11th). May your expertise can identify errors from here and advise me.

There was an check-in/checkout for room 10617 at 17:20 but log still output nothing. Anywhere I need to enable on CM to pullout the log?

mst_uw0qyj.jpg

loging_kbkmub.jpg

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e518a4ee-419a-4cde-8c0a-f7cbbac5196e&file=pmslog11may.m
Good job on the mst

Kyle is correct

Is this new? Has this ever worked? What changed?

/* maid_sup.c (1085)
* PMS failed to respond to maid status
* in 4 seconds allowed. */

listhistory in Linux
Command: list history

These commands should show log information

bsh

Hi kyle555 and AvayaTier3,

Thanks for kind advice, the PMS link between Avaya CM and Duvoice PMS work normally(since 2014). Recently, some room status posting delay post to PMS, I co-ordinated with PMS vendor and they said their PMS software work OK. I acknowledge denial event 1085 already, the PBX gave this event but room status still posted to PMS after a bit delay. What I want to setup realtime PMS log printer to show customer/client that PBX already sent Maid/HK command to PMS(they said the issue cause of PBX keep command in buffer). The Avaya document did not give detail how to capture PMS log realtime, may your expertise can give me the answer.

Code:
change system-parameters hospitality                            Page   1 of   3
                              HOSPITALITY

Message Waiting Configuration: act-pms
               Controlled Restrictions Configuration: act-pms
               Housekeeper Information Configuration: act-pms
                     Number of Housekeeper ID Digits: 0
                                    PMS Log Endpoint: PMS_JOURNAL

display ip-services                                             Page   1 of   3

IP SERVICES
 Service     Enabled     Local        Local       Remote      Remote
  Type                   Node         Port        Node        Port
PMS                  Clan             0       IolanClan       5102
CDR1                 Clan             0       IolanClan       5103
PMS_JOURNAL          Clan             0       IolanClan       5104
SAT           y      Clan             5023    any             0
display ip-services                                             Page   3 of   3

SESSION LAYER TIMERS
  Service     Reliable  Packet Resp   Session Connect  SPDU  Connectivity
   Type       Protocol     Timer       Message Cntr    Cntr     Timer

CDR1            n         30                3          3         60
 PMS_JOURNAL     n         30                3          3         60

bsh

Hi AvayaTier3,

I followed your instruction, but still nothing output.

hospitality_vqjgk4.jpg

ip-service_pjzxxx.jpg

Anywhere I need activate/enable to make it works, please advise?

status journal-link
Use status journal-link to see the operational status of a wakeup-log or a pms-log
printer link. If the link is down, the number of times the switch has tried to re-establish the link
will be shown.
A journal printer is used to document automatic wake-up events, emergency access to
attendant events and, if the Property Management System is not functional, housekeeping
events. When the system includes two printers, one is for the housekeeping events and the
other is used for automatic wake-up events and emergency access events.
See status link for more details on links.
Syntax
status journal-link [ wakeup-log | pms-log ]

test journal-printer
Use test journal-printer to perform hardware diagnostics on the link between the
switch and a specified journal printer link to either the pms-log printer or the wakeup-log
printer.
Syntax
test journal-printer pms-log | wakeup-log [ short | long ] [ repeat # |
clear ] [ schedule ]
pms-log Test the link to the Property Management System printer, whose maintenance
name is PMS-PRNT.
wakeup-log Test the wakeup-log printer, whose maintenance name is JNL-PRNT.
short Execute a series of nondestructive diagnostic tests.

bsh

Hi AvayaTier3,

I used NetCat to access PBX port 51001 then check the status journal-link and test journal-printer.

The status journal-link pms-log is up, test journal-printer pms-log pass with code #215.

I wonder is there another client tool to access PBX to capture PMS log?

netcat_d8wxyn.jpg

status_journal-link_v5m2vt.jpg

test_journal-printer_tf6ni2.jpg

Hello,

Has anyone setup this successful? Kindly advise me.

HI EXPERTS

how can i disable double click action of ACW button(One X agent)?. Just want to avoid the permanent after call state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back