Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture Keywords 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

esteiner

Programmer
Oct 31, 2003
I have noticed that several of our competitor sites are somehow able to "capture" a user's keyword phrase used to generate the search engine results pages and populate the exact phrase into a textbox on a form.

I would like to do the same thing as it would greatly improve the usability of our site. I am fairly proficient in ASP and HTML, but not much else. I am very willing to learn something new if it would result in the best solution. I am working in a windows environment.

Any help on getting started would be appreciated.

Thank you,

-cdogz

And if anyone wants to use a regex version of the URLDecode() function, You'll find one in the last post in thread thread333-306528 from Drex.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
Nightclub counting systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

darn...I was just going to say this is ideal for regex.

I have a FAQ in here also about searching out specified words. I'm sure it can be easiliy modified to assist

(0 row(s) affected) -->faq333-3811
[/sub]

RegEx- Regular Expressions. It is a set of powerful string manipulation functions...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

here is a taste

How do I extract values from a given value? faq333-3645

(0 row(s) affected) -->faq333-3811
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back