Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture DNIS Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhill7000

Technical User
Sep 6, 2005
US
We have traditionally used CDNs in our Symposium. We recently ordered some new toll free lines that are coming in as DNIS. We have DNIS turn on the route, the route is acquired in Symposium and the DNIS is entered into Symposium. I have also temporarily routed the DNIS in the main script.

The problem is that when I call the number it acts as if nothing is configured by going to the DN on the system that corresponds to the DNIS. What steps am I missing? This is the first time I have tried DNIS so I'm sure I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

>new toll free lines that are coming in as DNIS. We have DNIS >turn on the route, the route is acquired in Symposium and the >DNIS is entered into Symposium. I have also temporarily >routed the DNIS in the main script.

Could we see an example of your script? So far your question is too general to really give any clues.

I have added the following lines to my Main Script:

/*WHERE DNIS EQUALS

VALUE 1053 : EXECUTE SCRIPT Help_Desk_app

END WHERE*/

IF DNIS = 1053 Then EXECUTE SCRIPT Help_Desk_app
END IF

Obviously the first one has been commented out. I have tried both methods. Also, Help_Desk_app is a preexisiting application that does work. I thought I would use a known variable.

IDC your DNIS to a CDN that acquire by Symposium or if you don't want to use the IDC table, make your CDN the same as your DNIS number.

That was my backup plan. I was hoping there was an easier method.

As a troubleshooting measure I think I would first do something like this:
IF (DNIS=1053) THEN GIVE MUSIC Specialty_Music_gMUS
END IF
....where Specialty_Music_gMUS is your music route.

That will verify that you are truly getting 1053 as a DNIS value without routing the call out of that script.
Next, I'd do:
IF (DNIS=7199) THEN ROUTE CALL 1234
END IF
....where 1234 is an extension you can easily reach. If these don't work I'd start a trace to verify what telco is sending you for DNIS.

You have to get the call to the Symposium somehow, and a CDN is the only way to get it in there. Now you could have all your DNIS's pointing to the same CDN if you want, and then you can use DNIS routing in your Master Script.

So if I understand what you are saying Iretrievers, the DNIS stays with the number even after being funneled through one CDN? Therefore; allowing us to use the DNIS to route after being forwarded by the CDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back