Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture 911 call information and display it to a computer screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoffm

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2010
US
I am trying to capture the 911 calls and display the information to a screen instead of printing it on a printer. Isn't there a way to do this?

One thing you could try is route the 911 calls out on plain old analog trunks and put those trunk (maybe only 2 of them) into their own route and only send 911 calls out on those trunks.

Then set up a Dterm phone with trunk-line appearance so that when somebody gets on a call with those 911-trunks, they would light up some light on the dterm.

On another note, do you have OAI? I'm using OAI to do something similar to the above. What the oai app does is it monitors my 911 trunks, and if any of them gets used for an outgoing call (which only happens with a 911 call), it immediately rings a phone at in-house security and conferences them in. The app is not fully ready yet, but I'm getting close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back