Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kontreren

Programmer
Jun 8, 2006
US
Anyone on this forum delved into the CAPS world yet?

We have been trying to use caps and so far we have found that there are a number of new things that you need to set up. Before I just clicked new eway left everything pretty much the same in the config file and I was golden. Now it seems that I pretty much need to build it from scratch. Also the logging is much worse than what I am used to with 4.53. We are having problems with lock ups of our enterprise designer as well. I hope that a few changes from sun will make caps into at a product that runs as well for us as 4.53 did but I dont believe it is there yet.

I'm new to this world. We have an existing ICAN 5.05 environment, but are upgrading to JCAPS 5.1. I'm fortunate in that I'm going to some training on it later this month. All I can say for sure right now is that the GUI (eVision) is much better. Other hangups (unexpected behaviors which seem to be coming from the application or the environment set up to host the application) are making development/testing/experimenting slow.

Dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce
they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does
[infinity]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back