Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capital E letter not printing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanakasri

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2006
HK

i got a problem with Hp Laserjet 2200 DN printer.it not printing "E" some time.already i have reinstall the PCL driver.but still the same.This network printer which is shared .any comments

I thought I had heard it all. Perhaps your e's are falling into the bit bucket?

But, seriously... Make sure you're running the PCL5 driver; if that doesn't solve it, try using a PostScript driver.

Can you give some more information on this one? Is it only one application? Is it a particular FONT?

Or mayb all of thos lttrs ar bing stoln by alins. ;)

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

thanks for the comments,its basically for all applications,like all MS office suite,ACCPAC,even for the DOS based Application,if you know abt fidelio,and i already tested PCL5 and PostScript.no help at all.

And this is installed on 2000 server ,also not for particular font.also we have 3 printers as same like this,one is local installed and shared.

Wait... are you saying you have 3 printers doing the SAME THING? If so, I would *definately* look at drivers.

If, from STRAIGHT DOS to an LPT PORT you're still losing letters (and only on the one printer) I'd say you had a corrupted internal font.

Just my 2¢

--Greg

Txs,but this only for one printer,but installed in same server.this occurs only some times.not always.even for the Dos based printing it is same.
chan

If it's doing it in DOS (with no windows drivers, printing directly) I'd say you have a faulty ROM chip in your printer, which when it gets hot is losing it's little mind.

Is it under warranty?

Just my 2¢

--Greg

txs,this not under warranty ,is it possible to rewrite the ROM,but i didnt test with cold reset

Definitely try a cold restart as its quick and easy and best of all free! gbaughma you get a star for even attempting this one haha. I resisted even reading this thread probably 6 times and then my curiosity got the best of me doh!

If you have other, "like model" printers in the area that are not having the problem then I would swap one out to see if the problem follows the printer, for isolation purposes. If it does follow the printer then gbaughma is likely spot-on with his diagnosis. If it does not follow the printer then you must have some kind of driver/software problem.

Hope that helps and keep us posted.

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy"
Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back