Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capabilities - Norstar-PLUS ICS - ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our IT got this system from a site that was consolidated. It is from 1999. I need to know what its capacity and capabilities are. Heres what I found in the boxes:

Applications Module 2
3 - MOX16
2 - MOX8A
1 - MX120

As far as version and model numbers, heres what I found:
NT5B75 Mod 4 Channel
4.0.4.x s/w 41R00210785

Please help!!! :) Please point me in the right direction. What can this system do????

Cheers,
Andre

It sounds like there is no KSU in the boxes

the 0X16 are 16 port station mod.

the 0X8A are 8 port analog station mod.

the 0X12 is a 12 port trunk Mod

The Application Mod. Sounds to be a 4 channel Voice mail running 4.0.4 S/W

Yep, you re missing the KSU (main box). Its the Modular Integrated Communications System (MICS). Search the net for Norstar MICS. You will also need the software for the MICS.

Ok I found the KSU (MICS). My question is:

What can this system do software-wise?
What feature-type capabilities does it have?
Also, as far as connections, what can it take? (t1 connection...LAN...)
What kind of voicemail system is this? What are the limitations of the voicemail?
Is it limited in any crucial way that a normal PBX would not be?

???? Anything would be helpful =)

Thank you!
Andre =)

Gee that would take quite some time to answer all of those questions. Have you considered calling a local Nortel vendor to assist you?

Phonehed in Dallas

You need to get the manual for the systems. Norstar MICS does so much, couldn't start to tell you in this forum would take forever. Sounds like you have a 0X16, this ICS will support 8 CO's and 16 station. Not networkable, you have a older system but a good one. If I can be of any other help let me know.

Have a good one

its always better to start from the clients/your requirements and see if the norstar can do it ...

Doing it the other way around needs a LOT of knowledge and experience with the product. I dont do it that way

I would be very suprised if the system would not do anything you want it to do. The Norstar is a very, very good system for users up to 242.

Do not think you can program it yourself. Not extremely difficult, but not a snap either.

Do you know if this system can be dialed into, and programmed remotely?

Cheers,
Andre =)

Yes it can be accessed from the outside if you have a RAD attached to the system. RAD - Remote access device

Honestly, it would save you alot of time and effort if you get a vendor to come out and set it up the way you want it. The Norstar will probably do what you need.

Thank you, everyone, for all your help!

Cheers,
Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back