Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cap List for site *** not accessable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
When trying to install remote control on clients, it assigns the client but will not install the remote tools.
I was trying to smsman.exe install the remote tools on a client who attaches to a remote site.
Error is Abstract export ABEXPRT:\\ CAP list for site C53 not accessable.

anyone know why or how to fix this?

Error :" could not find a client access point to finish installing". The clients are assigned, but the installation of the remote tools does not take place. The licensing is set to per seat, and the CAP is on the PDC, i changed it to the BDC to the same error

Check the permissions on the actual CAP share - your users may not have rights to it - if they can't access the contents of the CAP, nothing will install.

Ive had this problem and have managed to solve it (I think)
If you are using logon discovery and installation I found that if I removed these features and then add them back again. And then set the logon point to update ever 1hr. Once it starts to install set it back to update the logon point once a day.

Make sure that when you uninstall sms client from a machine, you must delete the NAL key located in the registry at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NAL. I have run into this problem many times and this resolved it every single time.

Has anyone had any problems deleting the NAL Reg Key. I have been unable to do this on one of my clients (actually my own PC) I am unable to delete both the NAL key, and also get errors when trying to access the SMS\Client\client components key - maybe this is the route of my problem. I cannot grant myself permissons to this key, and also the DOmain administrator and local administrator accounts cannot delete the key (have stopped the SMS client service as well) This client is Win XP

any ideas ?

Hi all,
actually i have same problem with some of our clients :
( Error is Abstract export ABEXPRT:\\ CAP list for site Flr not accessable. )

we have per seat Lic in our servers,
i don't know what's the problem
pls help

DENIS

In order for you to be able to delete the NAL key, you must uninstall sms client first by running the 20clicln.bat file from the resource kit. Then you should be able to delete the key. If not, try reboot first. Then log back on (disconnected from network) and try to delete the key.

I had problems deleting the NAL key on several of my clients. Here is what I had to do to remote it.

1. Run REGEDT32
2. Check permissions on HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NAL. Give the local administrators group full control if they don't have it already.
3. Expand the NAL key. Check the permissions on the Client key. You may need to make the local administrators group the owner first.
4. Since I was doing this remotely, I had to close the registry and re-open it for the new permissions to take effect.
5. Check the permissions on child keys. Again you may need to be the owner first.

Once I did this, I was able to delete the NAL key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back