Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caon Imageclass D780 driver help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejola

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
I have a Canon Imageclass D780. My daughter had been using it without a problem and has the drivers on her computer. But she got a new printer and I now have the D780 but no drivers.

Canon USA was no help. Their support web site said that no drivers were available. So I went to the Canon/Canada web site and found and downloaded the drivers to my desktop. I clicked on the icon produced by the download. This resulted in a new folder containing two subfolders being unzipped. One is named WF_UT and the other is WINXP. It's the WINXP subfolder I clicked on. There I found 26 files but none among them was a setup file. So I clicked each of the files but couldn't get the device installed. The name of the driver I downloaded is ImageCLASS_D700s_prtDriverV100winXP_SP2_EN

Does anyone know how I can get this ImageCLASS D780 installed?

Is there a way I can copy the drivers from my daughter's computer onto a CD? Maybe that would work. But where would I find the drivers on her machine?

Thanks so much

In the extracted WIN_XP folder, there will (hopefully) be a file with a .INF extension.

If this is the case, you can use the Windows 'Add Printer' dialogue, and when you come to select the driver, choose the 'Have Disk' option, and point the resultant dialogue to the WIN_XP folder.

Thanks so much, DansdaUK. That did the trick! Got it i nstalled and working thanks to you.

Have a great day.

John

That's a great tip Dan. Usually Windows "add Printer" box helps in installing printers and by simply selecting the type of printer will make the job easy.

Cathy - Proud Wrtiter for <a href=" Printer Reviews</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back