Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't view some web sites - HELP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSJpn

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
US
I can't view some web sites. I think it has something to do with sending passwords over a SSL site because I can't log into hotmail or my university email.

My security is set to medium-low.

What else could be the problem? please help.

Thanks,

SSJpn

OK, but what am I looking for?

Are you saying that if the date and time are incorrect than I cant send passwords over SSL site?

what Browser are you using and what version? with IE you have to have 128- cipher strength to beable to log on to secure websites. also if you happen to have any firewall software running in the background (like norton internet security) that can cause some websites to be inaccessable.

"Did you ever wish a circle was a square, so when land sharks start circling the boarders you can just cut them off at the corners?" - Aesop Rock

Many secure sites won't let you log on if your computer's date and time aren't correct.

Date and Time are correct.

I'm using IE 5.00. Windows 98.

This problem never existed before. I don't think any programs were installed or removed. The problem just started.

I just did Help -> About Internet Explorer

It says my Cipher-Strength is 0-bit.

What do I do to get the 128 bit cipher strenght?

Done and done. works just like new.

Thanks smah!

SSJpn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back