Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't view Norton AV for Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

buztwet

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2003
US
I have Norton Anti-Virus for Exchange setup on my Nt server. Everything was working fine until we switched over to a T1 line. I can no longer view the gui for this product by connecting to the server. We are using NAT, so I'm connecting internally to an internal ip. It's coming up with page cannot be displayed. Do I need to change something on my router to make this work?

You need to determine the port you are trying to view it on and make sure the NAVFMSE is set to the same port on the exchange server.

"evil prospers when good men do nothing”

How do I check to see what port the Navmse is set to? I'm just trying to view it on port 80 through a browser window.

Also, since I can't get to the gui, can I just go into the quarantine folder under navmse and delete all of it's contents (or does the release folder need to stay). That folder is filling up since I can't get to the gui to delete.

First, yes you can go directly to the quaratine folder and delete the contents. As far as the release folder and the emails within that is up to you.

Now for the gui.
To determine which port it is running on right click the NAVMSE short cut and look at the path and make sure it is set to the port that you set it at when you instatlled.

Ok, i've gotten my quarantine cleaned out. i checked the shortcut and it's running on the internal nat ip address on port 80. I'm trying to view the navmse gui from the computer that navmse is installed on. I did not install the program, it was already installed when I got here. Any other ideas on how I can get this thing running?

Did you make sure the NAV for Microsoft Exchange services are running.

try connecting to port 8081

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Yes, I know that the service is running, and it's still catching viruses. I know it's working ok since I have to keep cleaning out the quarantine folder. Connecting to port 8081 didn't work either. Any other ideas?

Ok, how are you connecting to this server. I would assume you have put a Terminal Service client on the NT and TS into it. If so are you using a shortcut on the desktop. If so right click the shortcut and make sure the port listed is the same as the one you installed with. What were you on before the T1? Difficult troubleshooting when you don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.

I really don't understand how it's set up. All I know is that the navmse is running on the nt server. I try to connect to the service by going to the nt server, bringing up a browser and trying to connect to the very machine that I'm working on by typing in it's ip address:80. This is how I connected to it before the t1. I don't know anything about any kind of terminal service setup.

Ok so your are logging in locally. I don't think your T1 line is the issue if you are not remotely connecting. Try the following.

On the NT server go to start > Programs > Norton Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange > Norton AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange right click and look in the target path and make sure the right IP and port are listed. Since you are looking at it locally it should be the local IP not the nat.

I can't right click on the program this way since it's nt. But when I go into the program, it brings up a browser and tries to connect to the internal address (which looks right), but comes up with 'Cannot find Server'.

May I suggest a re-install. Doesn't take that long.....

make sure you stop you stop email from coming in whilst you install and run liveupdate.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back