Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't view movie on page; script error! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reinoud

Vendor
Jan 4, 2005
NL
Hello,
I've got a problem to view/play short movies, for example on news sites like for example: < (movies)
I get a "internet explorer script error!" , error on page, runtime error, etc.
trying to view/play those movies.
What could be the reason for this?
I have a adsl internet connection, Windows XP, IE 6.0 and Mccafee security,
the latest versions of mediaplayer etc.
i've tried <I've tried all steps on that issue, unfortunately, still the same problem; "script error!" When i press play, i see below in the bar "javascript:loader()"
If a put the link directly in the windows mediaplayer i get;
error message C00D11CD

please advice
thanks

The WMP FAQ here ( and here ( indicates this is a generic error generated by the player when a component other than the player is the problem but does not identify itself clearly enough.

Someone on this board had some success when downloading the latest DiVX codecs --
The only other suggestion I may offer is to check the Event Viewer for any error messages in the System or Application section that may give some clues.

Dear bcastner

You are a genius!! after two weak on a whole lot of forums you've got the answer. Problem solved! THANKS!!

regards Reinoud

I am having a similar problem. I cant even run the forgot password procedure on this website.

I tried the fix above but I did not see a change, I am not real sure I ran it correctly.

Prior to this attempt I have reset the "isInstalled value" in regedit to 0 several times and tried to re-install my browser but it allways hangs and tells me it is allready installed.

I have even tried netscape and it will not run java script?

Anyone please help??

I have now tried Mozilla and it has the same issues

Java scripts will not run on any website???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back