Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't view internet from ISA firewall server

Status
Not open for further replies.

garpal

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
US
I can't get out to internet in IE5.5 from ISA machine, I can browse inside our VPN with no trouble. I've heard there is a checkbox to allow WebBrowser to NOT use VPN for internet connection, but can't find it.

Our school network setup is - Machine one: ISA 2000, one public NIC, one private NIC, serves only as firewall - Machine two: W2K domain controller with SafeServer Proxy software, DNS, DHCP etc. We have an identical pair of machines in another town with VPN between the two ISA machines for our private network.

All workstations browsers in private network point to proxy server on machine two (in each town), which in turn points to the private NIC on the firewall machine one (in each town). Everything works great except the Web browser on machine one won't get out of the private network to view the internet for updates, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back