Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't view flash in internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdumas

Technical User
Jul 8, 2004
US
I've tried to find answers on microsoft's site. For some reason, my new computer can't view flash files or view the source of a web page. I've deleted cookies, temp files, history. Still no luck. I'm a web designer so I need to get this fixed. Anyone know why this would be a problem? I downloaded IE 7 but had the same result.

If you cannot view HTML sources it can be caused by Temporary Internet files being full. You may try flushing it. But you said "new computer" so may be that's not the case...!

Kenneth Kawamoto

I still can't figure out why I can't view flash. I have downloaded the flash player. Can anyone figure out why I can't view flash. Even after download ie 7.0, flash files still won't run.

Regarding View Source:

I think I found out why I couldn't "view source". I had created a shortcut to notepad on my desktop. I found another forum which said that this confuses internet explorer for some reason. I download ie 7.0 and renamed the notepad short cut and I can now view the source. I had already deleted all cookies, temp files so that is not what was causing the problem.

Okay, I fixed it but it took lots of work and troubleshooting. I went to:

I downloaded the Flash Player Uninstaller. Then I went to my site that has flash and right - clicked on the thing at the top of the browser that came up saying that this page wanted me to download flash. I installed it and finally, it worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back