Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't view files on cd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mef930

MIS
Apr 30, 2003
I have a HP CDwriter 9100c and I'm trying to view the files on a cd I burned. I have changed the properties on the cd drive to view the files when a cd is inserted. But I still can't view the contents of the cd. Can someone please help me with this problem.

What happens when you insert a CD into the drive?

What software are you using to burn to the CD?

What type of Blank CD's are you using?

=)

questions, questions and more questions

When I insert a cd into the drive it doesn't do anything. The cd drive acts like it is a blank cd. I use Nero and Fireburner to burn cds. I mostly use Imation and verbatim blank cds.

Have you tried to see if you can read the files from the CD on another CDROM drive? Have you tried inserting a CD that is not a copy but an original into the HP CDWriter to see if info shows up?

If not try that and let me know...If you have done this have you download the latest drivers/patches for the burner and software?

Yes, I tried to read the cd on my laptop cd drive. And it worked fine, it autorun with no problem and I could see the contents of the cd. I inserted another cd that I brought and it still didn't autorun, and I couldn't view the files. Yes, I have installed all the latest drivers and patches for the cd drive.

Sounds like the laser/head unit of the HP CDWriter is bad and needs to be replaced. Good Luck.

There's nothing wrong with the cd drive, it has been checked. My cds do not autorun for some reason. I have already changed the properties, but nothing works. If anyone can help me to get the cd drive to autorun it would be appreciated.

Hi
When you update some burning software (Nero) I lost my ability to read disks I burned. I had to install a (reader)available at their website to fix the problem.
Not sure why or what happened during the update to cause the problem. After the fix all my updates have gone fine.
Just a though! Good Luck.

Bytz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back