Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't upload site

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAcolyte

Technical User
Apr 4, 2003
US
I am using FrontPage 2002 (build 10.2623.2625) and just today I received this error message while attempting to upload a site that I regularly make modifications to (I just performed some last week):

Server error: Error 2 opening registry key "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Share Tools|Web Server Extensions\Ports\Port 80".

I have never experienced this issue before, so any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

The Acolyte

Dear Acoylte,
I had this problem and what fixed it was uninstalling
Front Page extensions...waiting 30 minutes...then re-installing Front page extensions again...then wait 20 more minutes before trying to publish.
I was told that if you change your hosting account pass word, you may have to do this also.
Greg Fiore

Also, make sure that if you have a firewall enabled, that it's not blocking your Frontpage app or extensions.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Dear Greg Fiore,

Thanks for your suggestion which was the solution!

The Acolyte

TheAcolyte,

How helpful was Greg's suggestion?

[wink]

--

I just uploaded a website. The name of the home page is "Agency Technology Oversight". I just wanted to ask if you leave spaces in the name will it create a problem. Please help. Because I am getting the following error message:

Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
Code:
 The host name was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found by retrying the URL. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

Munaf, if you've not already done so, you need to open a new thread - otherwise, you may not get an answer here - or at least not in a timely manner..

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back