Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't upload or download (via FTP) announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

larmi

MIS
Jul 31, 2013
US
I’ve verified with one of my network guys and by pinging various IP’s (as seen in the second graphic below) that the IP address is not blocked on our network. However, when we ping [the board IP] we get no response.

I’m thinking that something is not configured on the switch… I notice that under “Net Rgn” column for the VAL, it is blank. Is this supposed to have a region in there? Is there any other configuration you can think of that would help me be able to back up my announcements?

Val Manager works great

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

I tried that... Val Manager seems to be the most friendly but I'm getting errors that it can't connect to the val source. So I'm thinking the problem is in SA itself.

sounds like a network problem

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

If I do a "list ip-interface all", everything has a region next to it BUT the VAL board... Can you tell me what bearing Net Rgn has on my VAL board?

status the link ("status link x"), it probably shows "restarting", meaning you have a speed/duplex IP connectivity issue.
If you can't ping it, it's not on your LAN. VAL boards do not have ip-network-regions assigned.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Are you using a windows 7 os?

If so, you need to tweakt the firewall settings to allow traffic bac from the val board. It uses active ftp thatt the windows firewall can't cope with natively

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Hi Matt

Yes, I am using Windows 7. Can you help me with tweaking the firewall settings?

Apologies, I've been busy with otehr things

I added an inbound firewall rule to my W7 firewall

General tab
Name - FTP from CM
enabled - yes
Action - Allow connections

Programs and Services tab
select - All Programs that meet specified condition

Computers tab
All blank i.e. all allowed

Protocol tab
Protocol type - TCP
Local ports - All ports
Remote ports - All ports

Scope tab
Local IP addresses - Select Any IP address
Remote IP addresses - specify your Media gateways / VAL boards

Should be good to go!

FTP negotiates the ports it uses for data transfer and the W& firewall doesn't seem smart enough to process the FTP control and open the ports dynamically, so I use a specfic rule to allow it

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back