Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't upgrade to 2005? Maybe it's me... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnee

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2004
US
It may just be me and my lack of patience, but here's the problem.
We got the Inventor Series 9 upgrade, which includes Mechanical and Mechanical Desktop 2005.
I installed the Inventor Series- everything went fine. I tried to start the installation for Mechanical Desktop and nothing happens? I can go through the options, accept the license agreement and when I click Install, it says please wait, gathering installation information. And there it sits... the status bar never moves, the message never changes... Am I just too impatient? I waited about 20 minutes (twice) and nothing?
Any ideas?

Hi Tawnee,

Since no one has replied, have you done the usual stuff, made sure you logged in as administrator, disabled your anti-virus?

If you have already, you may need to uninstall Inventor and then install mechanical desktop, and finally re-install Inventor.

Sorry if that's no help
Todd

Yeah- I did all the basics- none of them worked. I read somewhere that doing a network deployment worked so I tried that and it worked.
Then I received an email from my reseller with a link to microsoft for a hotfix that they said will fix the problem... So if anyone else experiences this issue, check out this like...

It's not a download though- you'll have to call MS and have them email you the link with a log on.
I'm going to test it later this week on some other PC's that need upgrading so I'll let you know if it worked fo rme...

Thanks

The MS hotfix worked.. Install goes fine from CD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back