Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't uninstall Windows Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designware

Technical User
Sep 24, 2002
Hi,

I have a PC that automatically installs the Windows Updates. When it installed IE7, my QuickBooks program stopped working. This is unacceptable. So I decided to turn off automatic updates / install, and uninstall IE7. When I went to uninstall IE7, it told me that four other updates REQUIRED IE7 (KB923689, KB923694, KB925398, KB926255). So, I went to add/remove programs to uninstall these updates. I cannot find them in add/remove programs anywhere. Where is a place that I can remove these updates???

Thank you for your help.

Dale

First, enable "Show hidden files and folders" in My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View. Then locate the uninstaller for the KB923689 update which is located here: C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB923689$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

Running spuninst.exe will uninstall that update. The other three can be similarly removed.

Apparently if running version 2005 and above there is an update to make it compatible with IE7.They have a support link to download the updates which i have also pasted here,

RUNNING QUICKBOOKS AND INTERNET EXPLORER 7
Check your current version of QuickBooks software. With QuickBooks
open, press F2 on your keyboard to view the Product Information screen. The product name and version are listed on the first line.
If the product name includes "R9," do nothing. You have the most
recent update installed. Your QuickBooks 2005 software is already compatible with Internet Explorer 7.

ORIf the product name does NOT include "R9," download the free
QuickBooks Release 9 update now. This update will ensure your
QuickBooks software is fully compatible with Internet Explorer 7.

In add and remove programs, check show updates at the top of the screen, you then will see IE7 and are able to uninstall it.

'Show Updates' will show the patches that Designware is referring to, but is not needed to see Windows Internet Explorer 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back