Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't turn off Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimeABTech

Programmer
Aug 22, 2012
CA
Have a 7310 on Mics 1.0 Set is the reception set, set lock is none, and you can't clear Forward from the set, or the feature code. Port just seems stuck on forward...... Any ideas?

What type of forward is it?
What does it say on the display?
What process/& code was used to initiate it
What process/& code are you using to cancel it?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Says Forward, Call Forward Button is showing Call forwarded via Feature 4. Feature #4 doesn't says denied in admin. Pressing the button with the forward logo beside id, and says denied in admin. Why I thought it was set lock full, but its not.

Well the only 3 ways to cancel a Feature 4 method of forwarding:
Press the Softkey by the display that says CANCEL
Press the Softkey by the display that says something like FWD#.. and then press CANCEL
Press Press FEATURE # 4

Because it is software ver 1.0 we know it's not an External forward, which come to think of it now, that would the method that shows "FWD#.."
By pressing FWD#.. it would show you the external #.

So we are down to
Press the Softkey by the display that says CANCEL
Press FEATURE # 4

Is there anything else on the phone that does not work such as all or some of the other buttons including the dial pad?
FEATURE * 0 INTERCOM is button inquiry (press every button to see what it is actually programmed as)
FEATURE 805 is to test everything on the phone

"Pressing the button with the forward logo"
There is no such logo that I recall, unless custom made somewhere but the button inquiry above might tell the truth.

To be sure, and in case button label issue, the FEATURE key is above the HOLD key.

Reboot the phone - unplug mod cord from the bottom of phone, or the wall jack.
If still an issue, turn Set Relocation on/Y (only if it is Off/N) in Systprog/FeatureSettings , move the jumper to another spare port and try again to cancel it.
To see what port # the phone is using: FEATURE * 0 INTERCOM VIEW(or #)

Rebooting system can usually clear some glitches.

I cannot think of anything else.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Have you just tried swapping over the phone with another model?.

Can you post a photo of the phone here?.

Have you tried moving the call forward button to a spare one using Feature *3 etc?.

I would also follow Curlycord's advice in rebooting the system in case it's got a little bit of corruption.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I had a problem similar to that a few years ago and found out the Line Redirection had been enabled on a couple of lines that did not appear on any set. Entering F#84 fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back