Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't transmit on TTY 0,1, & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1D45

Programmer
Apr 18, 2011
US
I am able to receive from TTY 0,1, & 2 but I can't transmit.. I tried INI and Reloading still the same situation and I dont have my spree to try it on the maintenance sets.. Help anybody?

what type of system and software?

aside from the cable, have you confirmed that you laptop or device you are using to communicate is working properly?

try at the ovl prompt

shift !

and then type logi

I tried the shift ! and it doesnt work. I am using my Laptop and VT520 terminal and both doesnt work

and I tried 1 for the spree and look like its not the spree...

is there 1 cabinet or more? if more, do the fiber receiver cards have SDI on em? cable and SDI port is off (not red)?

are you using a Modem eliminator (nortel type or something else)? (i know you mentioned you are receiving so this would imply you are)

Triton,

Yup there is another cabinet but that sdi on the expansion cabinet is not configure and the SDI light on the is solid red

if you have a maint set, you can try the diff spree codes

111, 121, 131...etc

does CTRL PDT pop up with a login?

i know it sounds silly, but re-seat the 3 port SDI cable?

change the dip switch to a lower baud rate on the SSC,

reload should have fixed messed up port issue....

make sure nothing is plugged into the SDI ports except your Ltop.

if nothing else works, i would try another SSC (and move over the Security dongle and daugtherboards, should not have to reinstall at this point) or reload the software (if you have software and a backup and keycodes! patches....messy)

If I try another SSC I can just move the Security dongle and Daugtherboards it should move over the database right?? The problem with this system is nobody had a back up on this?

Thanks

How is your terminal or terminal emulator software set up? Generally should be the speed shown on the SSC card, E-7-1, null modem between the TTY port and the terminal. Everything else should be set at default settings.

Have you tried another cable and/or null-modem adapter (or cable), gender changer(s), etc... to rule out the chain between terminal and PBX?

The default data settings for port 0 on the NTBK48 cable are 8-N-1 and can't be changed. The only thing that can be changed is the baud rate on the face of the SSC. Make sure you don't have 2 switches set on the baud rate switches. I've seen that cause communications problems like you are describing and it is easy to flip 2 of the switches by mistake. If they are OK I would try another SSC if you have one. If you move the SW daughter board (the top board next to the memory DRAM) you will not lose your database. It will have the database from the last Data Dump that was performed.

Wayne

You will also have to move you Security Device (Dongle) to the new SSC card.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back